Today, I am 8 weeks along. I am feeling indifferent about telling people. When we first found out, I was so happy and wanted to tell everyone in our family. It was exciting! But, now that some people know, I'm getting very tired very quickly of unsolicited advice. People say that just comes with the territory, and that's fine, but when my judgment and ability to learn things about pregnancy is taken into question, that's when I get tired of it VERY fast. For example, I've already heard "no more wine for a year!", "That's too much sugar", "Your BP is too low", "You're having too much caffeine!", "Don't lift that, you're pregnant!"...yeouch. Done. Walk away from me. So much for the joy you experience during your first pregnancy (and, I'm assuming, the ones to follow).
Joey and I decided to wait until 12 weeks to put it on Facebook, but now I'm wondering if I even want to do that. I went through and deleted a bunch of people from my friends list who I wouldn't care to tell, or ever talk to again, so that helps a little. Even still, I don't feel the need to share our excitement through social media. I'd rather experience that joy organically as we did telling our families. I think we'll just end up posting pictures in October of us in the hospital with new baby. Then disable comments. HA.
Pregnancy as an introvert is QUITE unique.
You're such a nut. lol Come over to my house, I'll have a bottle of wine waiting for us. Maybe we can sober us with a double shot of espresso afterwards. Oh and maybe you can bring the 3-layer chocolate and cheesecake icebox cake from publix. Our babies might be swimming in toxins, but they will have happy mommas!
ReplyDelete