Thursday, March 20, 2014

Taking It Easy

Relaxing is something I've always been good at.

Wait, let me start again.


Lying about being fine and relaxed is something I've always been good at. Grab a glass of wine, swallow my words, call it a day. BAM. That means fine.

When you're pregnant, that's not something that happens.

I've already written about how tough it's been for me to relax, but Monday we had a stressful day with some medical scares. Seeing that heartbeat Tuesday morning was a relief, but also a wake-up call for me. Honestly, I wasn't expecting to see a heartbeat because I always make a mountain out of a mole-hill (we're not talking a regular mountain here, we're talking Mount Olympus-can't-see-the-top-of-it kind of mountain). I'm a stressful person by nature. Anyway, seeing that beating heart sent me into a mindset of "Okay, Rachel. Time to let things go and take care of yourself". 

I don't know how many people experience that feeling, or how often they experience it, but it's not a thought. It's a full body experience of realizing that you're not #1 priority anymore. In a sense, I guess you are, but it's directly related to the success of your child. Anyway, that experience is exhausting. Every day this week, I've awakened feeling more tired than I did before I went to bed the night before. It gets better if I eat something, but it's exhaustive. 



Learning to say "no", to pull away from projects, and to delegate in my home are things I have to knowingly act on. Joey asked me yesterday how he could help, and I said "I don't know" because I like things done a certain way. If he does them wrong then I'll just have to do them anyway, so why not just do them? 

See? Exhaustive.

I need to let go and let Joe. 
(Did you see that, honey? It's all you!)


No comments:

Post a Comment