Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Many thoughts

      In 19 days, Joey and I are going to get in the Jeep and start our road trip to visit family and end up getting me to school. In 19 days, I will be on my way to finish my last semester of grad school. In 19 days. Holy crap. I literally have 19 days to finish my paper. I have 19 days to get my booty in gear and just think for crying out loud. I have 19 days to pack, to do things around the house I wanted to get done, to see my doctor another time, and to feel good before I come back and it's my third trimester. I have 19 days, and I am starting to freak out.
       In reality, I should be writing my paper right now. But this comes easier than writing that paper. I am only 1/2 of the way there, and I'm sure the content is nowhere near where it should be at this point. Thankfully, I am in dialogue with my advisor and I'm sure he will steer me in the right direction once he reads it. I just hope it's not in the ctrl+alt+delete button department...yikes...
        I'm also taking a full class load this summer, so I really want to be done with that paper before I leave. I realize the possibility of that happening is about 50%, but still, it's nice to try. Wouldn't it be great for me to just have to go to school and get my work done without having to worry about getting my paper/recital done too? I am so glad that I did my recital before I went up there, can you imagine me at 27-28 weeks trying to get that sound out? I don't even know if I'll be able to handle choir now that I think of it, so that is going to be an awfully interesting adventure.
         In other news, we will be painting the house this summer, might be patching up the fence, and Joey will obviously be spending his time at the house baby-proofing, setting up and painting the nursery, and getting some much deserved R&R. So many exciting things are going on, and they all take a special kind of energy.

Total weight gain/loss: Total of about 10 gained. Oh well. That's what jogging strollers are for.
Maternity clothes: Oh yes. And the minute I'm home for the day, the pants come off. It's fabulous.
Best moment this week: It was a pretty blah week. 
Movement: Yes, not as much this week as last week, but I didn't consume an entire watermelon this week. She's probably going through withdrawals.
Food cravings: I had a serious craving for cookies-n-cream ice cream the other night. Joey went out and delivered for me. It was awesome!
Milestones: It's kind of silly to put on here the things she's doing. Really, I have no idea. But the idea is that by 21 weeks, she has eyebrows. I hope she has her Daddy's eyebrows, and not mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment