Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Summer Heat

Memorial Day Weekend has come and gone, but the heat decided to stay. We enjoyed the weekend by staying local and being weightless in the pool for a few minutes! Our pool time was generously overcast so it wasn't as refreshing as I'd hoped it would be, but I am taking what I can get! Little girl definitely had a growth spurt this weekend, which made for lotsa discomfort for me. Totally worth it though, because I can now feel her moving around!

     

 Sunday mornings at work are getting tougher and tougher for me, physically, so I'm actually looking forward to getting off of my feet and sitting in class this summer! (And not leading worship on Sunday mornings for 3 masses...yikes.) I have 3 weekends left here in Florida, and then we're making the long drive north. We will be stopping in Tennessee to visit Joey's sister, and then heading up to Marquette Michigan to visit his family and help him paint his grandmother's house. His grandmother is a lovely lady and full of vibrancy. Her home is beautiful and comfortable and right on Lake Superior. I am looking forward to doing my assigned reading and taking it easy with baby girl on the beach for a couple of days, and trying to get my paper done too. That's something I AM concerned about, the next big chunk of time I have to work on it is this Monday, so let's see what my brain is capable of...15 pages?

Now, I'm working on 21 weeks pregnant, and as of this morning on the scale I've gained an extra 2 pounds. I know that it is to be expected, but I think the shock factor is what's getting me. Before I lost weight, the scale has been higher, but only slightly. Once we hit the next set of tens, I think I'll need some cold water to the face. Oh well.

On to the fun stuff...

Total weight gain/loss: Total of 8 pounds gained at 20/21 weeks.
Maternity clothes: Yes! Going shopping for some more shirts on Friday with a coupon. Pretty excited.
Sleep: Honestly, it's better. But it's best in my old bed. Don't know why.
Best moment this week: Spending time with Joey yesterday. Really going to miss that this summer...luckily my term isn't 6 weeks, but closer to 3 1/2!
Movement: SO MUCH! I love it. It's really funny because I feel like it's her personality coming out. Every once in awhile, she'll just FREAK OUT and everything is going crazy. Then she's quiet for awhile and then slowly creeps around. What a nut.
Food cravings: Milk and watermelon. I had 1/2 a watermelon this weekend and I'm not ashamed of it. Although, I'm sure it didn't help those 2 extra lbs on the scale this morning...lol
Labor signs: ha. no.
Milestones: She's grown so much. Also I love how active she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment