Wednesday, March 12, 2014

**update from raging rachel yesterday**

So, after a good conversation via text with a friend, and after several episodes of "The Andy Griffith Show" and a lukewarm (eh, I take what I can get) bath, I finally eeked out my feelings in between involuntary tears (I really wanted to be more badass and straightforward. As mentioned earlier, I take what I can get). I also wasn't as clear and logical as I wanted to be. I think the "conversation" went along the lines of

Me: I'm frustrated with you because I had a long day and I'm so tired and so sore and you were playing xBox and drinking beer when I got home. I can't relax, I can't figure it out, and you're just having a good ol' time.

Joey: I'm sorry, baby. What can I do to make it better?

Me: Sell the xBox and stop drinking beer.

Joey: Okay. Want a foot rub or to go to Taco Bell?

Seriously? That's all it took? Why was ragey rachel so strung out? I do not understand these emotions I'm feeling and I definitely don't understand how Joey can be so understanding about them. Later on the conversation went on:

Joey: If you get home and I'm doing something you don't want me to be doing, then just tell me and I'll do anything else.

Me: (Sobbing, wtf?) That's the problem though! I don't know how you can fix it. I don't even know how to fix it. I just want you to stop having fun and be miserable with me. I can't ask for that!

Joey: Sure you can! I'll drop everything and come be miserable with you!

How do I avoid this weirdness in the future? I guess just talk about my feelings. Hm...so THAT'S what that means.



1 comment:

  1. I think you're being too hard on yourself. You're always worried about making everyone else happy and not stepping on their toes. It's good to stand up and say what's on your mind, even if you're being *hormonal* about it. You're pregnant. AKA growing another human life inside your uterus, you know, that kind of tough work. If guys had to do this stuff, can you imagine what BABIES they would be about it all? Give yourself a break!

    ReplyDelete