We are now at 14 weeks and one day and I feel great! It's holy week, which is a terribly busy time where we all re-think our career choices, but there are SO many wonderful things to be grateful for, especially during this time!
Joey and I have hardly had a moment to sit down and breathe. Other than working, so many of our loved ones have had celebrations and family gatherings on our Sunday afternoons that we are WORN OUT from them all! We were discussing how we wish we could just stay home from some of them, but then we realized how blessed we are to have so many people in our lives that we love so much. In my line of work, I see a lot of people with no one, so I try to take the sleepiness at these celebrations as a blessing rather than an inconvenience. c'est la vie!
We also got a new-to-us mattress and BOY is it comfortable. I used to wake up with sore joints (especially in that first trimester...ouch) and now I wake up with zero discomfort. I love this bed!
We will find out the sex of our baby on May 13 and it can't get here soon enough. I have to say, while I'm excited and can't wait to meet our baby, I don't exactly feel 'connected' with Cletus yet. I'm not worried about it. Some people are, some aren't. I think when we see our next ultrasound and know if it's he/she, that's when it will start to come. I am starting to really show, and that's put a reality stamp on the whole thing as well.
How far along? 14 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: I'm down a pound...
Maternity clothes? Same old same old.
Sleep: GREAT with this new mattress!
Best moment this week: Getting into this second trimester. It's official! We're 1/3 of the way
there!
Movement: I thought I felt something the other night and it made me smile. So it's either
a baby or gas. I've decided to think it's baby because gas shouldn't make you smile.
Food cravings: None
Labor Signs: nope!
Belly Button in or out? in
Milestones: Cletus has a roof to his/her mouth and is growing hair. Can also suck his/her
thumb and make faces!
No comments:
Post a Comment