Tuesday, April 29, 2014

16 Weeks

I think it's funny how all the articles, books, even emails I get from websites are saying "Get ready for a growth spurt!" Hasn't this entire pregnancy been a growth spurt? I mean, I'm growing a baby in here for crying out loud. And it's only taking a matter of months. I'm sure it means that, in the grand scheme of things, this will be a noticeable change in what I'm used to. 

Last night I was feeling strange. Not bad or good, but more bad than good...I felt like someone was filling up a water balloon in my abdomen. If I laid the wrong way, I had to pee. If I went pee, then I had to pee immediately when I left. Very strange. And, I had eaten too much salt so I only wanted massive amounts of water. It's a catch 22 I tells ya. You have to keep hydrated and you go through toilet paper twice as fast. It's mostly funny, and it's only irritating around 4AM or when you're just finding the comfy-booty spot on the couch. The rest of the time, it's a nice reminder that Cletus is growing and moving and will be here soon.

We will find out if Cletus the Fetus will be a boy or a girl on May 13th. The thought crossed my mind that, since this is 2014, we could find out much sooner than that for a nominal fee! And then I realized I kind of like the waiting! I know, right? Me. Rachel. Ms "I want it and I want it now" has said that she likes the waiting! Irony of ironies, Joey came home with the same thought that he got from his Dad-to-be work buddies. He said "SOnSO mentioned that there's a place you can go to find out earlier if you want for like $60. What do you think?" I said, "I like waiting!" and he said "Me too! And we can spend that money on something else for the baby". DONE. That was the easiest decision to make and I always thought it would be tough. 

(I keep saying this, so much so that I don't really trust myself. I'm the boy who called wolf AND the unbelieving townspeople. Very intriguing)
I NEED TO EXERCISE. The more I think about going to the hospital and giving birth to a human being, the more I think "Oh Lord. I don't think I can do this." I don't have much abdominal strength. It's not something you acquire with running. I could probably squat 250 lbs but I still roll over to get off the couch. Yikes. Anyone else have this fear? This strange feeling? 


That's my only concern. 

Joey said last night "No more quiet days. No more restful nights. We will never be just the two of us again". I think he's nervous, and I'm glad he said that. He's been so stoic lately, doing everything without complaint and making me laugh the whole time. It's nice to know there's a sweet and nervous human in that scruffy and handsome skull of his. 

I can't wait until this is 'real'. I can't wait to know if it's a boy or girl. And I can't wait for this adventure to start. In the meantime, I'm going to set up golf playdates for my husband and maybe reserve a hotel room for a couple of nights for me and Joey, to get just a couple more of those restful and quiet nights under our belts before our little one comes into the picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment