Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Things to remember...

* We've thought we are having issues with bugs in the house or dust mites or something for the past month. Every day lately, I wake up with huge, painful/itchy bumps somewhere on my body. Mom saw them on Sunday at dinner and mentioned that they looked like hives. I took a benadryl last night, and this morning, they are greatly diminished in size. I guess I have a new pregnancy symptom: hives. I'm not using anything different, eating differently, or using any different cleaners/detergents. I mostly buy that stuff in bulk so it lasts for months. It's just the being pregnant that I've done differently. 

* Yesterday evening at work, I got a severe headache and very nauseated. After thinking about it for awhile, I realized I hadn't eaten enough. Usually if I don't eat enough, I'll feel sick until I do eat, but this is the first time I had a terrible headache with it. When I came home, I had 8 oz. of V8 and a piece of bread, and immediately felt better.

This kid is calling the shots already.

* Last night, I had a dream that I went to Canada and went to a jam shop. 2 for $15, not a bad deal! I walked out with mint jelly, strawberry and pineapple, grape (seriously. Just grape in this fancy jam shop? Please.), and coconut. Very interesting. 

Joey asked me last night if I was scared. I asked if he meant scared of being a parent (yes) or scared of the birth (yes)? He said of the birth. 

I told him that I've only recently become anxious about the birth-and there's a specific reason. I'm not afraid of the pain, of being embarrassed (please. I'd rather be naked in front of a doctor than go to lunch with strangers. I'm a weird.) or even of something going wrong. The only thing I'm really thinking about is the fact that Joey is always my rock. With my panic attacks and night terrors and just average strange day that I'm freaking out, he's always solid. He knows the territory and can keep me grounded. This birth situation is something that both of us aren't sure of. I don't want him to feel 'in the way' or unsure of what to do, but I know he will. I've told him several times that the moment our baby is born, not to leave its side (unless it's whisked away for some reason) because I have a VERY rational fear that someone is going to either try to steal our baby, or they'll swap it for a stupid one. Joey says this is irrational. I don't think it is. I'm holding my ground on that one.

I told him we should start writing out all of our questions to bring to our birthing class, because we'll most likely do one on a Saturday and at the end of the day, we tour the birthing units. I think once I take the class, I'll feel better. So will he. In the meantime, I'll keep watching Netflix and trying to get my energy up to get on that treadmill. I've yet to do that.

OH! Healthy Start called me today and asked me a bunch of questions. One of them was "Have you had any alcoholic drinks this week? This month?" PSH. No. I'm holding off until Easter Dinner! HA! Mind yo' own bizness. Also, I don't think I want to be involved with Healthy Start. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment